Monday, August 3, 2009

The Thoughts Behind

I've given in. After months of reading the poetic prose of my fabulous friend Kaitlyn, learning about the architectural challenges facing New York city juxtaposed with the best cupcake recipes from sexy Sarah, and generally keeping up with my friends from far away who have blogs so that I can better know what's going on in their lives, I've decided that I could start one too. Although it took me quite awhile to get used to the idea of everyday people publishing text, it seems to be just another entrance ramp onto the information highway of our world.

The great thing about having a blog is there are no rules - no censorship. If I were writing a column for a newspaper or something, I would have to clear it with an editor and make sure it wasn't offensive. Not that I'm articulate or eloquent enough to write for a newspaper, but I'm definitely capable of being offensive. So that's why I'm here: to be offensive, to be honest, to ramble and rant, and maybe, to entertain.

I couldn't really think of a common theme for this blog. I didn't know whether I wanted it to be centered around food or news or sex or health or music, so I chose them all. I've titled this "Pieces," because that's all you will be getting. I'm not an expert in anything - far from it. So, I can never give you the whole cake, just Pieces. I think that's okay, because eating an entire cake will make you sick.

So, like I said: no rules. This also refers to grammar. Forgive me if I do not know whether to use a semicolon or a dash or if I even use them at the same time. Forgive me for my fragments and run-on sentences. I don't know any better; my parents are immigrants.

Welcome to the stream of my conscious. I hope you like it more than I do.

Love,
Shals

2 comments: